Monday 16 January 2012

Well these past 48 hours have been amazing!!

I've got to meet all the interns in the program as well as the VIDEA staff who are absolutely awesome. All the interns are great and can contribute something great to the ecelectic team of individuals we have. So far there are 7 girls and 3 boys. Poor Boys have to put up with all this girl talk all the time.
We are staying in Sooke in this amazing little hidden treasure resort. The house is beautiful and over looks the lake. When I grow up and become a big girl, this will definitely be the house I want :)

Today was the first day of training and I absolutely loved it. Seriously, I am like a sponge, I learned so much. We learned how the Sooke Nation is completely run on solar power, and how it adds to Sookes sustainability through out the nation. It was amazing to learn how the autonomy is flipped and not in control of the political officials. The idea of an entire community being run on solar power was absolutely mind blowing, and after reviewing the budgets, viewing all the solar panels from large buildings to a personal tour of a solar panel in someones home, the answer is clear, we should be already be in the process of transitioning to a similiar type of process. I would really like to see this happen with my community. First of all, it would reduce Alberta's dependancy on only one renewable source and eventually we would be saving money. I could talk about this all day, but I dont want to bore you. :)

Got to meet the chief of Sooke and some elders, they prayed for a safe journey and an amazing trip and explained how we are the leaders of tomorrow and will inspire the younger generation. I Just felt so grateful for this opportunity and all the positive things to come.

I miss all you lovelys back at home.

"You can't change Africa, but Africa will change you"-Unknown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment