Thursday 19 January 2012

I have decided I officially love blogging. I've been journalling like crazy because I dont want to forget anything and when I'm a super old lady, I would love to give my journals to my kids-grandkids!

Today is our day off, and im still trying to decide how to upload pics for all you lovelys! We've had some amazing work shops and discussions. Im very excited, each intern brings something unique to the table and am excited to see our progress as we continue to work together.

Very exciting news, the Aboriginal Youth Internship program, we are the very first round of interns, we are part of a pilot project and were going to wow the pants off and they will have to continue with the internship program in the future!

I am so glad to be apart of a program that delivers services and help that will last generations and will not stop once I leave Africa. The Harper Gov't only funds 4 projects like this a year so we are extremely lucky. We need help writing letter for grants for Women for Change to secure more funding to keep these services going. This is why I am so excited to help and add something to the team already in Africa working. Praying we can help Women for Change. <3

All the interns are out and about, and im having a cup of coffee sitting by the fire place. So nice to have the day off, but still have lots of correspondance to work on for Africa! I feel great today and cant wait for tomorrow for the conservation work shops and for the CIL to come in and give us an intercultural work shop about being guests in Africa. So blessed for everything the creator has given me.
Xoxo Miss you all back home!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ash :)
    i am so super excited for you. i didn't get a chance to say see you later before you left. Remember what i said...Home will be here when you get back. were not going anywhere. Experience everything, Live everyday like it was your last. You are a great person, awesomeness surrounds you, you are an awesome magnet. Lol but i think you already knew that because we are friends and i am awesome too (hehehe). You will be missed, i am excited to see what you bring back. (p.s. bring me a souvenir)
    Keep doing what your doing. Stay positive and don't let the distance bite you in the butt.
    TTYL Friend
    Kaylyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kaylyn! I wrote a little note in my journal to get you something great! Best compliment I have ever got. An awesome Magnet! Miss you chicklet! Xoxo Give my bf James a little smooch for me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL You better get your boyfriend James something nice like a real african breach cloth, maybe leopard print. ok maybe that's just a little bit too graphic. but yeah things have been busy around here. were hosting The treaty 1-11 Medicine Chest Task Force next week so that will be exciting. Take alot of pictures, and when you get back home i will get brad to make you a giant bradbit with apples in it. but i am one busy girl and i am at work right now. (James has not come back since you left which means you were the reason he came into the office all the time) I will check on you in a couple of weeks, XOXO Kaylyn

      Delete