Sunday 12 February 2012

Still packing-Less than 12 hours to go!

To my family, my friends, my nation, all the role models in my life, and faciliatators who have prepared me for everything that have led me up to this point in my life.

Just want to thank everyone for their prayers for a safe journey! Thank you! I just want to thank you for reading and being apart of my own personal journey to Zambia.

I did the walk today for missing and murdered Indigenous Women, was very emotional, but very inspiring to see many families and friends come together to remember their stolen sisters.

Community is Unity

There is also one group today that I heard about that truly inspired me. I advocate for the NGO Women for Change in Lusaka, but I found an organization today that was amazing. Its called the Moose Hide Campaign, Please look into it! There is so many amazing campaigns that you can be apart of. I encourage you all to find one you feel passionate about. Use your talents to raise awareness.
The moose hide campaign is a grassroots movement of aboriginal and non-aboriginal Men who are standing up against violence towards women and children.
For further information please visit, www.bcaafc.com/moosehidecampaign

                                          Many support Memorial Walk (Feb, 12.12)

No comments:

Post a Comment