Sunday 5 February 2012

8 Days to Go!

Good Morning all my lovelys!!

Spent the past few days drinking lots of coffee pushing through on the long days. The staff at Serious Coffee, kiddie corner to the office have been getting to know me quiete well. VIDEA and the Interns have been working so hard! Im so proud of each of them. Sometimes I feel like I talk about all the time, but it makes me so happy when I see the potential unfold and I feel so confident everyone is going to do amazing things and have stories to share for a life time.

We had a professionalism workshops for office settings with Amy who helped me so much in terms of some of the weaknesses I was unsure about when reading my job description. One of my duties is to prepare a newsletter for Women for Change and now with the skills I learned from Amy and her excercises I feel so much more confident. I was afraid of finding the perfect tone when writing for people when English was not the first language.

My presentation and public speaking skills are getting better by the day, trust me we get lots of practice. There is no room to be shy being an intern, especially a pilot project, everyone is super curious. I love sharing where I'm from and how I want to make a difference locally as well as internationally.

Now were on the single digits countdown- 8 Days to goooo! Holy Moly Macaroni! Soooo excited. Like my tummy gets butterflies when I think about how big of a deal that this actually is. :)

It was my birthday on Friday, The interns and Rohan, and a few of our host parents had all met at the Reef for Dinsky and it was awesome. It was a much needed evening of relaxation and we all needed just an evening to hang without working. Lots of laughs were shared and I got a Justin Beiber book :) The interns know me so well already, lol Write more tonight!! Xoxoxo
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment