Sunday 19 February 2012

First few days in Africa....

After we went on our safari yesterday, I was so silent. Norman asked me why I was so quiete, I said "sometimes I just need a minute to wrap my head around some things" I could not beleive I had just experienced my first Safari. I've waited all my life to go to a place like that. I was so happy all day. I must have prayed a million times thanking the creator for guiding me to Zambia.

I love waking up to the rooster outside our window (we are in the process of naming him) and I laugh all day long because were always on the hunt chasing massive spiders out of our house. Shaina is the "man" of the house and is always in charge of killing anything bigger than a tennis ball. Which is often!

We went on a safari yesterday, It was amazing!! I have some great videos to post on my cell phone. There is a hilarious video of me that I was taking of the wildlife, and all of a sudden a stick bug landed on my arm. I thought it was a stick at first and calmly brushed it away then I realized it was hanging on and had legs then I freaked out. LOL it had such big eye balls.

Have my first day at the office tomorrow at WFC! Yipee.
I miss my family very much but once I accept that this is my new life for the next few months then I think my transition into living in Lusaka will be easier.
Will post again next sunday! :) We had to find a moozongo cafe to get internet. (moozongo=foreigner) OHHH and I am picking up Nanja very slowly, but I love the language.
Zicome, Xoxo
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment