Thursday 5 July 2012

Global Solidarity Challenge

This internship has changed the course of life, there is no doubt about it. It has opened so many doors that I could not have imagined once I had started this internship. I will be forever grateful to Lynn, Lesley, and Rohan and all the VIDEA staff for always being an ear to listen to, they knew exactly what I was going through. They walked the steps In Zambia and were  and still are such an amazing support system.

I always thank the Creator for strength to complete the internship. The journey was not an easy one but it was absolutely necessary. I did so much healing while I was in Zambia. Zambia in a way saved me. It brought me closer to loved ones and I did so much self-reflecting. Being there, you feel one with nature and I’d love to tell you the words of how I felt, but there are no words to describe the level of happiness that Zambia and it’s beautiful culture and amazing people have brought to my life.
I know it’s cliché, but “Everything Happens for a Reason”

As a thank you to VIDEA for giving me this amazing opportunity of a life time, I would like to personally fundraise $500.00 for the Global Solidarity Challenge, where I will be creating awareness in my community about how 1.29 Billion people live on less than $1.25 a day.

I will be doing this for a week. I have created a budget and a breakdown of how I will use $1.25 for food, while still meeting my nutritional needs. To date I have raised $75.00. Thank you to my two supporters who have donated! Yay! It's crazy that so many people had no idea that so much of the worlds population was living on such low means, especially when you think of what $1.25 means to you, for me, I always have some coffees every day, usually costing anywhere from $1-5, Just on coffee!

 $425.00 to go! The funds from the Global Solidarity Challenge will towards VIDEA’s programming in the host countries. It helps towards setting up free trade agreements with women in marginalized communities as well as capacity building at the youth and adult levels. I personally have seen how the basket weavers from Senanga have benefitted so much for Women for Change and VIDEA. Please consider donating &10.00. I’ll be collecting donations for the next two weeks. J Please feel free to visit the website! Zikomo Quambelli

My own personal link is
http://solidarity.videa.ca/videaday/participantpage.asp?fundid=1719&uid=3081

The Website:

www.solidarity.videa.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment