Thursday 5 July 2012

Canada...Yay or Nay!

It’s been an emotional roller coaster since I have been home, I have been up and down and up and down again!

I was super sad to leave my family in Zambia, It was hard to say goodbyes, but I didn’t. I just said “See ya later” because I really hope to get the opportunity to travel back and see them sooner rather than later.

It’s been the most difficult in this internship to transition back into “home” I thought coming home would have been the best part. It’s been extremely tough. All my friends and family may not think I’ve changed because I am trying to play into the Ash that was before I left. But I am someone who has seen and experienced many things on my cultural exchange. How could I not be changed after an experience like this?

I found myself being slightly preachy about my sisters using so much water, or throwing out so much left overs.

I have had my world cracked open and I am at a loss for words when someone asks me “Hey how was Africa” Where Do I even begin? Do you want the good or the bad? Or from the start to finish? The middle?  I don’t know its been frustrating to look for words.

I know you wanted to read something happy about me behing home, dont get me wrong I am happy to see friends and family, I do feel weird. I am so attached to Zambia and I at the end I did not want to leave.

I’ve almost been home for two weeks, and the home I know was changed too, Leanne from the Inter cultural learning prepared us for this. So many things are different. I know things are going to improve with time. Time heals all wounds. I know I have these geeky quotes, but they keep me positive!

Some doors have closed on me in terms of personal relationships with friends and my boyfriend, but where doors have closed others have opened.

 I am leaving everything to the Creator and the Universe. The creator guided me to Zambia, and I know he will continue to guide me in my future endeavors. I am so excited for my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment